Treats: White Spot, Trichodina, Costia, Chilodonella.
When to use:
- When fish show symptoms of a parasitic infection, including white spots along the fins and body, flicking and rubbing, gasping at the surface, or an opaque film over the body.
- Formaldehyde is highly effective at treating parasites due to its ability to penetrate through the mucus layer, reaching those parasites which would otherwise be protected from alternative bath treatments.
- Formaldehyde can be used in conjunction with Koi Care Malachite to treat protozoan parasites more effectively.
- Suitable for koi only.
- Test your water quality using Pondlab Test Kits.
- Mix the appropriate dosage in a clean bucket of pond water, pour evenly over the surface of the pond and leave for 7 days. Switch off UV filtration for 5 days. Aerate the pond well during treatment.
- If you feel a repeat dose is necessary, check your diagnosis carefully using the Diagnosis Tool on our website; a different medication may be more suitable. Allow 7 days and perform a partial water change before re- treating or treating with a different medication.
- Always treat when you have time to observe fish and take appropriate action in the unlikely event of a bad reaction.
- If required, mix with Malachite prior to adding to the pond, following the instructions above.
- Do not use with orfe, rudd, tench or sturgeon/sterlet.
- Do not use if the water temperature is above 30°C.
- Do not use in hot, humid, thundery conditions.
- Do not mix medications, other than combining with Koi Care Malachite.
Q: How do I mix Formaldehyde & Malachite Green? A: If you are going to use these 2 products together then simply follow the instructions for each individual product, there is no need to adjust the dosage or to pre-mix the 2 treatments, you can simply apply one product followed by the other at the dosage on the instructions. Alternativley, for ease of use we would reccomend using our pre-mixed F-M-G product.
Active Ingredients: Formaldehyde 30.0 % w/v
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.