We know there are lots of other similar style overflow available that claim to be superior to the Shadow®, but let’s face it, They still glue them together by hand…… It’s 2019, when was the last time you brushed your teeth with a hand built toothbrush? Exactly now check out the specs of this overflow system. It can be used with as little as 400 gph all the way up to 2500 gph.
If you need more flow, just add a second box. Featuring a removable weir for ease of maintenance and our molded design for fail-safe operation. Our ultra slim design has revolutionized the aquarium overflow and how aquariums get water into their filtration systems. It is a very simple to install, plug and play overflow system. Completely quiet operation when used to our specifications. Synergy Reef's years of testing and development are what sets their overflow system apart from anything else available.
Up to 2500 Gallon Per Hour Flow Rates! That’s right. With 3 x 1.5″ Drains, this overflow can handle some flow!
Front Overflow Box
- 16″ x 1.6″ x 5.5″ Injection Molded with durable Poly-carbonate material
- Locking Removable Weir with VTeeth™ Technology ( Allows you to remove and clean the teeth of the weir)
- Bulkheads are molded into the Front Overflow Box. No more separate bulkheads.
- Fits aquarium thickness from 1/4″ (6 mm) up to 3/4″ (19 mm) Glass or Acrylic tanks
- 16″ x 3.75″ x 7″ Injection Molded Seamless Translucent Black ABS
- 3 x 1.5″ ABS Slip fittings for easy plumbing
- 2 x U-Flow™ fittings that allow for compact plumbing
- 3 Pipe Full Siphon Overflow capability!
- Removable Solid Black Poly-carbonate Cover that locks into place when closed (reduces noise, salt creep and light from entering the rear box)
- Front Overflow Box
- 1 Removable Polycarbonate Locking Front Weir
- 2 Polycarbonate Bulkhead Nuts
- Seamless Rear Box with 3 x 1.5″ ABS Slip fittings
- Locking Polycarbonate Rear Lid Cover
- 2 U-Flow™ 90º Fittings
- 4 Gaskets
- Drilling Template
- Installation Manual
Drilling template is included with the overflow and we recommend you use the template when the overflow arrives to align it perfectly. But if you need the drilling template .pdf it is located here: 16″ Shadow Overflow Drilling Template
What are some of the key features of the Shadow® Overflow
- Injection Molded – The obvious main change is that the overflow is now 100% injection molded. This means that every overflow will be exactly the same. Being injection molded also means no glued seams that can leak, it is truly a “One Piece” design. We are the only company that injection molds this style overflow system. Injection molding and precision 3D CAD designed components allows us more details and features than flat stock built overflows.
- VTeeth™ – Our new Velocity Teeth allow for an even surface skimming flow into the overflow. This maximizes the surface skimming capabilities of the overflow as the flow rate increases. This also allows us to have a very small water level differential. Injection molded VTeeth™ are smooth without any rough surfaces, this provides a continuous smooth flow.
- U-Flow™ Pipes – Now included with every Shadow™ overflow is a set of U-Flow™ pipes. We have designed these fittings to maximize space inside of the outside rear overflow box. These compact fittings are not available off the shelf anywhere else. They allow us to fit our 1.5″ Fittings into such a small space.
- 1.5″ Plumbing – Now standard is 1.5″ plumbing capability. No other compact overflow on the market has the capability to use 1.5″ plumbing on such a small rear box.
- Locking Rear Cover – Our polycarbonate rear box cover is not just a rectangle piece of material. It is a feature that was specifically designed to have a function. We have designed the rear cover to lock in place when attached. It also features a channel system to keep salt creep and water inside the rear box. With design features to completely stop any warpage of the polycarbonate. No others compare!
- Universal Fit – This will work on any non tempered glass and acrylic tanks from 1/4″ (6 mm) to 3/4″ (19 mm) Thick! Rimless and Plastic trimmed tanks all work!
- Polycarbonate Construction – The front box and weirs are constructed out of bulletproof polycarbonate. They are practically indestructible!
- Locking, Snap Fit Weir – Removable locking weir with our new VTeeth™ for easy maintenance and cleaning. We have designed a simple slide fit that allow for a smooth action when removing the weir in tight spots under the trim on your tank. This means ZERO Clearance is needed to remove the weir when installed under a braced tank! This is a non-magnetic locking weir design that snaps into place.
- Plumb it to your needs – Rear box allows for various plumbing combinations, including the popular full siphon system. We use our modified version for full siphon. Slip fittings are molded into the overflow rear box. No more bulkheads.
Being reef hobbyists ourselves, we spent years working on the design of this overflow. We tested hundreds of variations and options before we came to this design. Our fundamental goal was to create a low profile and quiet internal overflow box, while maintaining the flow rates desired by reef hobbyist. We wanted an overflow system that everyone would want to use. Originally we designed the overflow to fulfil a need for a high flow, quiet, plug and play operation. We built them by hand with flat sheets of acrylic. Using flat sheets for an intricate design like we envisioned was not possible. Designing the overflow with 3D software allows us to add features not possible when building it by hand out of flat acrylic. As we moved forward with the design we wanted to make a product that could be produced for everyone to enjoy. Injection molding was the answer. While it took us a long time to design and manufacture this overflow, it now is exactly where we wanted it to be. This overflow system was designed by Synergy Reef Systems in the USA!
Manufacturing The Overflow
Injection molding allows us to make every part exactly the same. Every part is molded with the same tolerance and specification. Unlike hand build models, molding allows the Shadow to be precise in fit and form. We use the highest quality US produced Polycarbonate and ABS in our molding process. Our quality is second to none! There are lots of imitation overflows out there, but ours is the highest quality available, period!
PLEASE READ HERE! Juwel tanks can only be collected from our PE Store!
Due to the high value of these tanks our courier partners cannot deliver as insurance does not cover them. We unfortunately can only sell for collection only.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.